There are a few prerequisites to get a Real Estate License in the state of Texas.
- You must be at least eighteen years old,
- You must be a resident of Texas, and
- You must be a US citizen or lawfully admitted alien.
If you meet these prerequisites, there are the FIVE steps to get a Real Estate License in the State of Texas. You can find the most up to date requirements on the TREC website.
- Complete your 180 hours of approved pre-licensing education. There are SIX thirty hour courses, and you have to pass a final test for each course.
- Complete your License Application. Once you have six passing exams, you can complete your online application with TREC, the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Get Fingerprints! You have to get fingerprinted for a background check.
- Pass the State and National exams. Once your exam application is approved, you will receive instructions for scheduling your test at Pearson VUE. You have to pass both the national and state exams. The National portion of this exam consists of 85 questions and the State portion consists of 40 questions.
- Choose a Broker! Once you pass your exam, you need to choose a broker! Once your license is hung with a broker, you can start your real estate career!
If you have any questions, reach out today!