This past week, I went to Orlando, Florida for Marketing Edge, a 2-day dive into all things social media, video, and online ads with Jason Pantana, business coach & speaker with Tom Ferry. There was so much great information, tons of networking, and lots of great food. It was a fantastic week & I’m excited to share some nuggets of information with y’all!
A few key takeaways from the week…
- Every business is structured in three ways:
- Operations – client service, contracts, actually being an agent
- Marketing – lead generation
- Sales – lead conversion
- Video Marketing falls in to four buckets, and you should be hitting all of them:
- Community – hyperlocal, business spotlights, neighborhood spotlights
- Expertise – market updates, business processes
- Listings – social proof, just listed/sold, listing spotlights
- Branding – case studies, more social proof
- Your Organic Video Strategy should include:
- YouTube (+Blog)
- IGTV (+Preview)
- Database E-mail
- FB Page (+Share)
- All videos should also be posted as blogs with embedded videos
- Facebook Ads are either boosted posts or dark posts
- Boosted posts aren’t created in Ads Manager (don’t have all the same customization features)
- Dark posts are created in Ads Manager. They can be optimized for specific marketing objectives
- Social Strategy can be divided by platform
- Facebook – post 1-2 times/day, 3+ stories/day, 10+ comments/day, focus on authenticity & interaction.
- LinkedIn – post 1-2 times/day, 10+ comments/day, focus on group interaction.
- Instagram – post 1-2 times/day, 3+ stories/day, 10+ comments/day. Focus on interaction, tagging people, and optimizing your profile. Can include up to 30 hashtags on each post. Make them relevant.
- Twitter – posts matter less, short interactions, and replies are important.
Thanks for reading! For a full PDF copy of my notes from Marketing Edge, sign up HERE or drop your e-mail in the comments below!!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Home Buying Series: bit.ly/movemetotxbuy
Home Selling Series: bit.ly/movemetotxsell